Thursday, November 16, 2006

At least my fly is zipped up

Here's what turned up in the comment box on Mark Shea's blog:
Is it wrong and petty of me to point out that Korrektiv should not be talking about Duals with Satan, unless he means that there are two of them?

Duels.

I make many spelling errors myself, Lord knows, especially in the blogging world--but its like talking to someone with a bit of spinach stuck between his teeth. You'd like to be intellectually engaged in the serious topic of Biblical scholarship, but, there's that green scrap when he smiles.
Ouch! He is me. Whoops! There I go again: should be "He is I". One week it's a long, gray hair growing out of my right nostril, the next it's a green scrap of spinach in my teeth.

For the record, I appreciate the original correction. It was sloppy of me, and might even lead someone to a gnostic interpretation of the whole episode. And come to think of it, maybe even the word "duels" isn't really an intellectually engaging way of discussing a serious topic of biblical scholarship. But yeah, I think it's kind of petty to bring it up on someone else's blog. And I think the question at the beginning shows I'm not the only one who thinks so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home