Thursday, August 25, 2005

The "Amazon Epicurean"

I think I'm giving up on review writing for now, mainly because Mister Quickly has set the bar so high. I hope that by such reticence I'll avoid the terrifying perils described below in my attributions to Xenophanes and the pope. Why should one write at all when there's Mr. Quickly to read?

Here's a sample:
Caring for Your Miniature Donkey by Bonnie R. Gross
Edition: Paperback
Price: $36.95

Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours

5 of 11 people found the following review helpful:

thought-provoking, pragmatic advice, November 27, 2004

This is an excellent book, and a most welcome read after the disastrous experiences I had with my first 3 miniature donkeys. Poor creatures. I'm only thankful that this wonderful edition has helped me prolong the life expectancy of my current miniature donkey, Gerhardt. Donkies are not something you can just buy to play with and show off to your friends, and then leave unattended with a pet monkey for days on end.

One minor qualm I have is how Gross fails to mention the calamities involved in allowing a pet monkey to ride a miniature donkey. Be forewarned - this is not a good thing to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home