Friday, November 11, 2005

Miss the Missippi

I'm growing tired of these big city nights
tired of the glamour and tired of the sights
In a mad dream I am roaming once more
Back to my home on the old river shore

I am standing weary far away from home
I miss teh missippi and you dear
Nights are dark and dreary everywhere I roam
I miss the Missippi and you

Rollin' this wide world over
Always alone and blue, blue
Nothin seems to cheer me under heaven's dome
Miss the Missippi and you

Memories are bringin' happy days of yore
Missing Missippi and you
Mockingbirds are singin' around the cabin door
Missing the Mississippi and you

Rollin' this wide world over
Always alone and blue, so blue
Longing for my homeland
Muddy water shore

Miss the Mississippi and you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home