Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Squid and the Whale

I saw this at The Big Picture , thanks to a Korrektiv recommendation. I thought it was pretty good. Joint Custody certainly does Blow, and this drama demonstrates that pretty well. Divorce in general blows. For reasons I won't go into, the second scariest thing in the movie was the dad coming to pick up the kids in a blue Peugot 504. The scariest thing in the movie is the ending, which seemed pretty abrupt as I sat there in the theatre, my third shot of Bushmills in one hand and a brew in the other. But it’s really stayed with me. For some reason I thought of a line from Dylan’s Infidels album (maybe because the CD has been in my car lately):
the Book of Leviticus, and Deuteronomy,
the law of the jungle and the sea are your only teachers
The Law of the Sea, in this case, and pretty much the worst version imaginable: two monsters in an epic death struggle, deep in dark water. Creepy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Korrektive recom link is broke.

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The K-link aint funk.

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The link is stink maybe even extink

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The K-link is now funk. Thank you, n.g., me-me-me-me-ow, and she-zam. Especially me-me-me-me-ow.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home