Wednesday, June 28, 2006

My trip to Walgreen's

Man, dis code is really gettin' me down.

So I went to Walgreen's to stock up on supplies, including a couple of these, and a couple of these.

When I got to the cash register I slapped down a twenty and started fishing in my pocket for change. I had to be careful, since I keep my change in the actual change pocket of my 501s, and this pocket is pretty small. It's downright tiny, and tight. Particularly with a freshly washed pair of jeans. Usually the contents tend to spill out onto the floor rather than into my carefully positioned palm, pinned against my hip like a safety net on the side of a builiding while I use the other hand to scoop out the money. I'd just managed to successfully make the transfer to my hand - no coins on the floor, none whatsoever - when the check-out girl sang out "three dollars".

"Three dollars?" I asked, trying to hide my disbelief. "You mean exactly?"

"Yep," she affirmed, "three dollars."

"Right on the money," I said, adding a "heh, heh" to clue her into the pun. "How often does that happen?"

"Not very often," said the sales gal. "You have a nice day!"

"You too," I said, trying to get the change back into my change pocket. And hoping my head didn't explode from all the synchronicity and mucus. Okay, it isn't actually an instance of synchronicity, technically speaking.

I'm just not sure how many more of these 'coincidences' I can take. Okay, it's not a coincidence either. But it's still pretty weird. Okay, it's not even all that weird. Life is just plain boring.

I really hope I get over this cold soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home