Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Red Pants of Justice on Some Nightmarish, Gold Plated Treadmill

Mr. Red Pants is back with another quarterly missive in which he takes on Press Junkets, Tim Allen, and the dreary business of mixing the sound for a film after all the shooting and editing is done. He also reveals that before he was RPOJ he was Spiderman. Here's the first paragraph:
It is a well-worn refrain, from the glitterati of the movie business, that press junkets are the worst part of making a film. You know the sort of thing – a gaggle of actors, their faces glazed with the kind of resentful, joyless expression born uniquely of contractual obligation, being interviewed literally hundreds of times over the course of a few hours by journalists from all over the world, asking the same questions, over and over and over again. I once saw an outtake from a press junket for Toy Story, in which Tim Allen blew his top after being asked the same stupid question for, quite possibly, the 300th time that day. It was a priceless moment, but not an entirely unsympathetic one. Junkets are like purgatory for sucessful actors, the penance they must do in order to be invited to all those glitzy parties and award ceremonies. Actors quite simply hate junkets, and they will testify that there is no part of the filmmaking process, from beginning to end, that is less fun and less rewarding.
Man, this guy writes well. I wish I knew his secret identity, or rather the real identity behind the superhero thing. That way I could watch one of his films.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Red Pants of Justice said...

Hi Quin!

Well, thank you very much for your kind words abot my latest post. I only wish I had your ability to write so well, so frequently. Once every three months seems to be about my average...

Sorry to read about your recent grounding. Harsh. Although the photo of your basement looks remarkably similar to my office at home - over which Mrs. Red Pants of Justice, the lovely Mata Hari, has threatened to go and live in a hotel if I don't sort it out soon.

I think she's kidding. But I'll probably tidy up all the same.

In solidarity,

RPOJ

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home