Sunday, August 20, 2006

Crows

Introduction: My Strange Affinity With Crows

My life has several times been marked by an eery connection with the beyond; once or twice even with back of beyond. Not with the presence of poltergeists or anything that goes bump in the night, but with birds, and in particular, crows. Let me capitalize that: Crows. As if eternally entangled in a reel of the Hitchcock film, my fretful life creeps forward from one restless encounter to the next. Forthwith, I here attempt to exorcize the very forces that haunt my twisted life. Twisted by spirits incarnated in Crows.

Episode One: Crow Attack!

I'm walking down the street, minding my own business and trying not to inhale all the fumes from the local restaurants as best as I possibly can. No, this was not a dream. Burger King in particular smells like a rendering plant on a hot summer day, and it's hard not to keep that famous scene from In a Year With 13 Moons out of my head. Anyway, this Crow starts dive bombing me like a kamikaze pilot heading towards the Lexington. But this crazy bird actually lands on my head and starts tearing up my hair. Or at least scratching my scalp. Overwhelmingly Freaky. Or perhaps it was just looking for more food; evidently these crows are pretty well fed by the locals. Or . . . maybe it was the devil, making a bird's nest in my hair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home