Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Chuck Norris Bridge

As longtime readers know, Budapest is one of my very favorite cities, and the Danube one of my very favorite rivers. Buda and Pest are connected by such marvels of engineering as Arpad hid, Margit hid, and the wonderful Szechenyi Lanchid (Chain Bridge). Chuck Norris is, of course, one of my very favorite actors; right up there with Christopher Lambert. Anyway, imagine the sheer joy I felt when I found out that the Hungarian Ministry for the Economy might just name a bridge after him. They're having an election, and right now Chuck is up to 11 percent. Imagine: Erzsebet hid (Elisabeth Bridge), Szabadsag hid (Freedom Bridge), and Chuck Norris hid. The mind boggles.

Vote Now! Or at least by September 8th!

(Thanks, Lapped Catholic.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home