Saturday, July 29, 2006

Grounded!

This is actually Quin's mother, Mrs. Finnegan, writing from the basement room of one very lazy internet addict. Quin has been grounded for two weeks and isn't allowed to 'blog' (I hope I'm using this word correctly) until August 12th, and then only when he has shown that he is willing to pull his own weight around here. First he must clean his 'apartment' - there are an awful lot of paper towels and tissues scattered here and there, and I wasn't even aware he had a cold. And Pampers? He must also sweep off the roof, clean the gutters, pick up the garage, and sell the 1982 Camaro that's been up on blocks for the last ten years. My stars and garters! You would think a 40 year old man would show a little more effort in getting on with his life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My 22 year old son is following fast in your footsteps. He once had a goal of leaving our house by the time he was 30. Now I think he means to extend his stay as longs as he can.

I remember promising to accept children graciously in our wedding vows. I didn't think that meant forever.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Webb said...

What's the Hulk doing in there?

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home