Monday, August 28, 2006

The Cruise

A documentar portrait of Tim "Speed" Levitch, a tour guide on Gray Line double-decker buses in Manhatten. The man is one incredible talker, spicing his commentary with sentences like this:
Creativity I think of as the pursuit for the original exuberance that we all came into this world with, the exuberance that we all had until it was taken off to an abandoned dock somewhere and shot in a gangster assassination by the outside world. With that said, I've always thought of myself as a renaissance man and I'm pouncing with avarice on all opportunities and doing my best to experience complete self-expression and pursue the fullest applications of self. Yeah!
My favorite one in the movie has him staring up at the facade of a building and giving orgasmic shouts in a fem voice as he describes the way the light hits the sandstone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rufus McCain said...

The gangland execution of exuberance rings true to me, touches the sore spot.

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, God is in heaven
And we all want what's his
But power and greed and corruptible seed
Seem to be all that there is
I'm gazing out the window
Of the St. James Hotel
And I know no one can sing the blues
Like Blind Willie McTell

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home